About the Role
The SR1 College Preparatory and STEM Academy (CPSA) is a high-performing, innovative public charter school in Madison County, Mississippi. The school serves students in Kindergarten through 5th grade on a creative campus with both indoor and outdoor learning environments.
SR1 CPSA is a community where teachers are passionate about teaching young learners. Students have a strong desire to learn and achieve educational success. Students embrace the academic challenges and high-performing instruction.
SR1 CPSA Educator Job Summary: SR1 CPSA is looking for dedicated and passionate individuals who will serve as innovative educators at the first and only STEM Charter school located in Canton, Mississippi. The SR1 CPSA Educatorwill use entertainment techniques and hands-on lessons to provide K-1st grade students with deeper understanding of grade-level content.
The SR1 CPSA Educator will also assist K-1st grade students by providing a holistic student-centered approach focused on academic and social skills, while infusing STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) across content areas to promote college access and success.
Minimum Qualifications: The SR1 CPSA Educator must: (1) be a proven passionate educator, (2) have a valid MS teacher license, (3) be willing to work with diverse populations, (4) be able to think creatively and strategically, (5) have excellent written, presentation, oral communications, and interpersonal skills, (6) have reliable transportation to get to and from work, (7) demonstrate qualities of reliability, dependability, sense of responsibility, and an ability to maintain confidentiality, and (8) attend scheduled professional development sessions.
· Knowledge of lesson planning and lesson facilitation utilizing MS College and Career Readiness standards
· Knowledge of state assessments (i.e. Kindergarten Readiness)
· Skills to work within a team structure, while independently completing necessary tasks without major supervision
· Skills to manage time effectively
· Skills to integrate technology (computer programs, software, and accessories) in learning activities
· Ability to connect with parents/guardians to promote student learning
· Ability to interact effectively with diverse audiences (i.e. students and parents/guardians)
· Ability to effectively communicate orally, written, and electronically
· Ability to use data to refine teaching strategies as needed
· Ability to complete and manage daily attendance sign-in/sign-out sheets
· Ability to communicate student needs to SR1 CPSA staff, students, and parents/guardians
· Ability to differentiate student learning based on student need
For consideration, email résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Résumé and cover letters should be addressed to: Human Resources, SR1, P.O. Box 2839, Ridgeland, Mississippi, 39158. No faxes will be accepted.
Selection Process: (1) Résumés are screened for minimum qualifications. (2) Telephone interviews are conducted with candidates successfully passing screening. (3) Face-to-face interviews are conducted with finalists. (4) Background checks will be performed. (5) Selection is finalized, and offer is made.
About the Company
SR1 CPSA Overview
SR1 CPSA is the first and only STEM school located in the state of Mississippi. The mission of the SR1 College Preparatory and STEM Academy (SR1 CPSA) is to ensure all elementary students have access to a positive and robust learning environment that infuses Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) across content areas. SR1 CPSA students will demonstrate growth and proficiency as they graduate prepared to excel in middle school with a solid academic foundation and intrinsic drive to succeed in college. Long term, our students will apply their college degrees to developing solutions to local, global, and environmental challenges as they break generational gaps and diversify the professional workforce. SR1 CPSA will implement best practices and serve as a model school for globally competitive public education.
SR1 CPSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.